• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bald Eagles in Ohio (1 Viewer)

mafoakland

Hi,
I'm new to this forum. My husband and I just became volunteer Bald eagle nest monitors for the state of Ohio. Looking to connect with others with the same interests. Want to find out more about what to look for etc.
Michelle

mafoakland said:
Hi,
I'm new to this forum. My husband and I just became volunteer Bald eagle nest monitors for the state of Ohio. Looking to connect with others with the same interests. Want to find out more about what to look for etc.
Michelle
Are you aware of the Blackwater site in Maryland? It has an eagle cam with a bird sitting on two eggs right now.

Michelle, a warm welcome to you from all of us on staff at BirdForum.

Ohio is, luckily, home to many pairs of Bald Eagles. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding nests to monitor.

And you'll certainly find others with similar interests among our 35,000+ members.

Enjoy yourself on the forums.

Hi Michelle, Welcome to the forum! I live in north central Ohio (Huron county) and have been photographing and observing Ohio's eagles for the last 4 or 5 years. As I'm sure you are aware, The ODOW's anual mid winter eagle survey resulted in 564 eagles this year, A record number and over 200 more than last years count! With 125 eagle nests in the state last year, you should have no trouble finding eagles to observe. You are likely to encounter them anywhere in the northern half of the state, around lakes, rivers, etc. I regularly photograph the eagles at Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area in northern Marion county. I also keep an eye on the Pontiac Rd. nest near Monroeville, Huron county, which the state says has already started incubation! I'd be glad to help with any particular questions you might have. Here's a link to the DOW's eagle resources web page: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/Resources/Eagle/default.htm Some of my Ohio eagle photos can be seen on my web page: http://www.DigitalExpressions.DigitalExpressions.photoshare.co.nz

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back