• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

OMG, HAWK closeup (1 Viewer)

Bird and squirrel lover.
Just swooped down onto my waterer which is located 6 inches from my window, and I am 6 inches from the other side. It came down and caught a House Sparrow, then stared at me, then flew off before I could lift the camera up. Beautiful close up. AWESOME.

Just had to share.
Drake.

EDIT: It is a Sharp shinned Hawk.

I love watching my red-tails and red shouldered hawks. I have about 4 hawks and one kestrel that I can find on my daily 5 mile trips to the barn. The each have their own perches and hunting areas. Maybe your hawk will make your yard part of its daily rountine.

buckskin hawk said:
Maybe your hawk will make your yard part of its daily rountine.
This is the 4th visit I have seen it, and each time it was within 40 or so feet from my window. The attached picture is from its 2nd visit and farthest away, it is getting closer each time.

Drake.

Sad to see my feeder birds dying but the Hawk is neal nice too.

Attachments

• Hawk1.jpg
    Hawk1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 130
I'll keep repeating this as I think it is on target:

If you can come to terms with a hawk preying on your songbirds, then you have arrived at being a naturalist. ;)

Naturalist, you folks say it like it is a bad thing.

I figure she will eat anyways. I also said, which is mean, but at least it was just a House Sparrow, not anything else. I feel so guilty. I have basically set up a serving tray for this hawk. LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back