• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amazonia Lodge, Peru queries (1 Viewer)

kitefarrago

More pictures, these all taken in early August last summer, at Amazonia Lodge, very near the lodge.

Number 1: This is a severe crop of an image that's not really sharp. The head does look plain with no visible spots or streaks. Does that make this bird identifiable? I need to take a course on Woodcreepers and the like some time!

Number 2 (two photos): One of those `I didn't realize it was there' situations. I was taking pictures of Masked Crimson Tanagers and only once I got home I saw that right at the top edge of my picture there was another bird. I think this has to be a Lemon-throated Barbet, but maybe I'm overlooking other options?

Number 3 (two photos): My thought on this would be Dusky-capped. Is that a safe id, or should I leave it as Myarchus, or is it definitely another species?

Thanks for your help,

Andrea

Attachments

• _DSC0668.jpg
    _DSC0668.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 44
  • _DSC1202.jpg
    _DSC1202.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 48
  • _DSC1205.jpg
    _DSC1205.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 48
  • _DSC1928.jpg
    _DSC1928.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 48
  • _DSC1932.jpg
    _DSC1932.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Agreed on Cinnamon-throated Woodcreeper and Lemon-throated Barbet. But for the flycatcher I'd say Short-crested Flycatcher

Maffong

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back