• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pulborough Brooks (1 Viewer)

Sounds a good day. We heard a nightingale when we went there last month, but didn't see it. Unfortunately we arrived back at the visitor centre when it was about to close, so we didn't get to see the barn owl nest - must go back soon!

Thanks for your recommendation, I finally got round to paying visit to Pulborough today. Glorious weather.

I got kinda sucked in though, I was there 7 hours !!!!

Saw most of what you saw Brian, plus a few differences.

Sightings:

Mistle Thrush
Willow Warbler
Greenfinch
Greater Spotted Woodpecker
Robin
Blackbird
Crow
Bluetit
Goldfinch
Bullfinch
Wren
Great tit
Longtailed tit
Chiffchaff
Magpie
Lapwing
Barn Owl (taking off with freshly caught prey from nearby fence)
Nightingale
Redshank
Greenshank
Pheasant
Moorehen
Woodpigeon
Pied Wagtail
Dunnock
Nuthatch
Rook
Shelduck
Marshwarbler
Black-headed Gull
Coot
Grey Heron
Skylark
Reed Bunting
Mute Swan
Malad
Starling
Jackdaw
Yellowhammer
Canada Geese
Greylag Geese

What a great place, excellent visitor centre - you gotta try the lemon fudge cake.

I finally left having bought yet another book and a new set of bins for the 'missus'

Glad you had a good day,Kevin,a good list of birds.
I was interested to see you listed Marsh Warbler,pretty rare in Sussex I'd imagine.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back