• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello (1 Viewer)

Rich Coyle

Good evening, folks. Recently I noticed my 8X binoculars are too shakey for me to see detail I used to. I tried some inexpensive 7X35s today and could see detail but was reminded how nice good glass is.

Where do I post to ask for suggestions concerning good 7X binoculars?

Hi Rich and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

For help and information about a choice of binoculars, you want the Binocular Forum, strangely;). You can find it here. On the Main forums page, you would scroll down to the Photography, Digiscoping, Art & Equipment section.

Hi Rick,:hi:

Top quality 7x binoculars are hard to find. There aren't many being made anymore and they cost around $2000.00. Leica makes a 7x42 Ultravid roof prism and Nikon makes a 7x42 EDG roof prism in that price range.

Nikon makes a good 7x35 Aculon Porro prism for under $100.00.

You might consider getting a 6x32 binocular instead.

Here is a list of 6x through 7x binoculars that Eagle Optics sells which you can look over.

Check the Eagle Optics website to review them. Here is a nice one with a number of good reviews:

https://www.eagleoptics.com/collections/binoculars/products/eagle-optics-kingbird-6-5x32-binocular

Bob

Last edited:
You can pretty much name all the quality 7x bins still in production on one hand.

Zen-Ray ED2 7x36
Maven B2 7x45
Leica Ultravid HD+ 7x42
Nikon EDG 7x42

Personally I have an Opticron BGA Classic 7x36. I tried it on a whim since 7x is getting so scarce and fell in love. No, it's not the best, but it does everything very well and is now my main (and only) binocular. Unfortunately it has recently been discontinued, but you should be able to find some floating around still.

Hi there,

Welcome, maybe consider pre - owned ?, I have a fair collection of binoculars and favour different ones for different circumstances, but overall my favourite for general use is my Zeiss 7x42 BGA Dialyt T*P Classic, even over more modern bins. It is also a very, very, well balanced binocular which assists with holding steady. If you can afford one, and find a good used one, make sure it is one with T coatings, preferably a T*P version, I think you would find it ideal. They come up now and then, but hold their price and are not cheap, they go at around £500 - £600 UK prices, for a very good one, maybe less if your not bothered if it has some cosmetic wear and tear.
Good luck.
Ben.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back