• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro 10X42 EL diopter range (1 Viewer)

tconnare

I love the 10x42 ELs but discovered the diopter range is very narrow, so much so that clear for me is right at the edge with nowhere else to go if my right eye changes down the line. Has anyone else noticed that? I was wondering if Swaro can make an adjustment to give me more cushion.

I was all set to jump on a pair of Zeiss 10X42 TFLs but couldn't believe the stiff focus wheel.

TommyC

tconnare said:
I was all set to jump on a pair of Zeiss 10X42 TFLs but couldn't believe the stiff focus wheel.

TommyC

That focus wheel issue seems to be an individual one. Try another pair.

tconnare said:
I love the 10x42 ELs but discovered the diopter range is very narrow, so much so that clear for me is right at the edge with nowhere else to go if my right eye changes down the line. Has anyone else noticed that? I was wondering if Swaro can make an adjustment to give me more cushion.

TommyC

Tommy,

May I make a suggestion? If you love the binocular it costs you nothing to call Swarovski Optik North America (SONA) customer service and ask what they can do for you. Then you can worry about switching to a different binocular. My experience with SONA is outstanding. Zeiss binoculars have their own issues.

Ed

tconnare said:

TommyC
What a coincidence. I have Swaro 10x42 also, and I love them to bits, but curiously I have to set the diopter to the right as well, at plus 3. Which is odd, because I also have Swaro 8x32 (which I also love), and on them, I have to set the diopter to minus 1. I never thought about my right eye changing.... oh no, something else to get neurotic about! ;) I´d also recommend getting onto Swaro customer service about them; they are absolutely superb. If you´ve already done so, could you let me know what happened? Ta!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back