• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Binoculars for £100 (1 Viewer)

Mabbs

Hi all,

If you had £100 to spend on binoculars what would you get and where supply them? Give or take a few quid.

Thanks for any help

Tom

Hi all,

If you had £100 to spend on binoculars what would you get and where supply them? Give or take a few quid.

Thanks for any help

Tom

Hello Tom

I would have a look at the second hand market personally, you can sometimes drop on a real bargain, as spitfiretriple says, a little searching does indeed go a long way.
keep checking the forum classifieds too...:t:

Some time ago I bought a set of Bushnell Natureview's 8x42 from Binoculars.com in the US. Came to around the £100 mark after everything.

Pleased with them.

If you can wait I suggest the Rutland Birdwatching Fair in August, there will be lots of binoculars to try out at it.

Unfortunately a location of England doesn't give an idea of how close or far you may be from Rutland Water.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks for any help

Tom

Hi Tom,

Have a look at Ebay. I was looking for a pair of bin's, with the same budget, for a friend recently & found a good selection on ebay. I would recomend second hand Zeiss, either 8x30 Jenoptem or 8x30 Deltrintem both excellent bin's for the money. Good luck & I hope you find something you like.

Cheers, Neil.

The Nikon 7x35 Action Extreme is waterproof, unlike the old Zeiss glasses sold on Ebay, plus it has a good warranty to complement its excellent optics. Wide field of view, but heavier than competitors like the Leupold Yosemite.
Under $100 from the US Amazon, but about 150 sterling at the UK Amazon.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back