• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

An unusual sighting Cowpen Bewley Wildlife Park (1 Viewer)

IanF

A quiet afternoon stroll around Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park, Billingham revealed few birds of note. It was however very nice wandering around in the warm sunshine.

Yellowhammer and Chaffinch were pretty common along with Dunnock. On the pond were the usual head of Tufted Duck, Pochard, Mallard, Mute Swans and a pair of Shoveler.

What was an unusual sighting in this neck of the woods was another Bird Forum member. It was a pleasure to meet up with Dumville and spend about an hour wandering round the site discussing the birds. There weren't many photo opportunities but we did see several Linnets sunning themselves, though a little distant for the camera without scope.

Olympus C2100UZ+Tcon14+B300

Attachments

• p3252371_filtered.jpg
    p3252371_filtered.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 228
We've had Linnets around for about a week. I think you could be right about them Colin as we saw four together today.

Vicky - what makes you think I wasn't wearing mine ? ;)
Actually Dumville recognised me ! He must have a very good memory as we first met about three weeks ago on the Headland at Hartlepool and I mentioned Bird Forum to him as we discussed the different shore birds. I think he must have signed up a few days later. It was certainly nice meeting another member as we are pretty thin on the ground up here.

I thought the ones I saw yesterday at Holme were in-coming - they certainly seemed to be arriving from the direction of the sea.

Tony

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back