• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Duck for me Today (1 Viewer)

Larry Lade

A fellow birder had noticed a different looking duck the other day on a small, well vegetated pond along a parkway here in St. Joseph, Missouri. He asked me if I would go and take a look and identify it for him.

I went out this afternoon and found a male Cayuga Duck following a much smaller, female Wood Duck around this pond. Where ever the Wood Duck went he would follow. I had never seen one of these Cayuga Ducks before and it is probably not a "big deal", as these Cayuga Ducks are really just some sort of hybrid duck. From what I can tell they are quite like a barnyard Mallard of somewhat dubious hybridization. Anyway it was something new for me.

* I had never even heard of Cayuga Duck before today.

Interesting, had to look it up. I've never heard of one before. He is a pretty looking duck.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back