• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Celestron warranty (1 Viewer)

Cosme

Hi guys.

I buyed a regal 100 FED in the past august 14 to amazon spain.

The scope has a internal prism problem (fingernail) wich shows double image.

I called a few spain official celestron dealers and they told me they cant do anything since the scope is from amazon. I dont understand why, but "ok"

Amazon gives a 30 days to refund but i didnt want my money back, a want a scope wich works well.

I send a email to celestron USA, adding pictures and all that, but im afraid this must be an oddysey.

Does anyone give advices or what to do on this matter? can the prism be repaired?

Thanks!

In the USA - North America? You have to have original receipt from an Authorized Celestron Dealer to get the warranty. I had to pay to get a Celestron binocular fixed, I was not the original owner etc. I am sorry for your problem with the spotter. I remember you talking of getting one.
Steve

Short answer - no, you can't repair a prism - at least not at a price that makes sense.

Amazon should offer you the choice of refund or replace but that depends on whether you bought from Amazon direct or from a Marketplace Seller.

I'd be looking to send back and get a replacement.

Not always the best idea to chase the lowest price if you want to have some after-sales service...

Cheers, Pete

Ok. i get a mail from celestron telling me amazon should be the ones who take care of the warranty. Amazon only give me the refund option in the first 30 days from when i bought it, i dont send want back because i dont want a refund, i want replacement thinking some of the dealers gonna do it

My answer to celestron is that i feel scamed ... now nobody looks after the "lifetime warranty"?

I am sorry you are having this problem. Do you know if the person sending the scope from Amazon was a Celestron dealer or are you able to contact them? Without any of that, Celestron might be able to fix it but it would cost you.

Cosme..Amazon offers a refund option for 30 days for ALL purchases,and this should not have anything to do with a warranty. If the Celestron dealers do not feel that a product is covered by ANY warranty just because it was bought in amazon,they should so state clearly ,written and signed,so that it can be bought to a court,that is where we should be addressing this issues.Remember ,Your rights and the regulations that protect them are not what either Celestron or Amazon would like to be...All purchases ,in the European Union ,are protected,FOR TWO years,if im not wrong,independently of what the seller or the manufacturer offer.

I am very interested in this issue,so please keep us informed

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers. Im afraid amazon is.going to wash his hands with that 30 days take it or leave it, your time is gone ... but i know somehow someone has to watch for the warranty.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back