• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

F-717A DV Aluminum Tripod by kowa (1 Viewer)

The above listed tripod is on its way to my house. B&H had a Christmas deal where it came with a tsn-883. Does anyone have any experience with this tripod? Or am I going to be looking for another tripod in the near future?

Well the above kowa tripod arrived today. I am very pleased with the tripod. It is built incredibly solid. A bit on the heavy side but very rock solid steady. The legs do adjust to two different angles. The wide base position is perfect for sitting. The head is very fluid and feels premium. The quick release plate works well and there's an additional safety lock that holds the plate to the head......separate from the main lock. They both must be disengaged to remove the scope. Just putting this out there because the description on B&H left out some of the details. This tripod is a definite keeper if you don't mind the weight. Just putting this out there because there's really no info on the net about this tripod.

Optics4Birding will also be selling the same tripod and TSN-883 combo for the price of the scope body alone. We just received our first shipment today, and I'm also quite pleased. The tripod is tall enough for a straight scope. The center column, though round, has a slot that matches a key in the shoulder and prevents the center column from rotating while adjusting the height. It would be nice to have a carbon fiber version (at appropriate additional cost), but the F-717A will do nicely.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back