• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue cast on print outs (1 Viewer)

Roy C

Occasional bird snapper
All of the prints from my Epson R800 are coming out with a blue cast to them. Even Greyscale photos have this cast!. There are no blocked jets and I have tried several different papers but cannot get rid of this cast. Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks
Roy C.

blue casts

Roy C said:
All of the prints from my Epson R800 are coming out with a blue cast to them. Even Greyscale photos have this cast!. There are no blocked jets and I have tried several different papers but cannot get rid of this cast. Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks
Roy C.

Hi Roy, I put a similar question not long ago, I have the same prob with my epson cx3600 and epson r300 could not get rid of PURPLE cast! did everything you have, had it checked at a epson drop in centre (they scanned a mouse mat and compared with original) the cx is a 3 in one the scan was ok, so I think it is a compatabiliy problem with my computer I sent the £90.00) r300 back, and bought a hp desk jet from ebay for £9.50 and it is fine!! I still have the prob on the cx but it is for office use and I do my bird prints on the deskjet!! ps tried epson carts and others and it made no difference. sorry I could not help, but I gave up in the end as I could find no answer (including epson)
regrads
John

purple cast on epson printer

Hi Roy, just thought I would send you a copy of this question I submitted recently
epson printer with PURPLE cast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi has any one had problems with the pale blues printing pale purple on the epson cx3600 or r300? I have tried same prints on my old deskjet 840c and it is true to the screen? I have cleaned the nozzles and I am using epson originals, perhaps all epsons give this slight purple cast, if you have any info I would be so pleased thanks John, ps epson (over the phone said take it back!) but I dont want another one now
any recommendation on a different make photo quality?

midlandsbirder said:
Hi Roy, I put a similar question not long ago, I have the same prob with my epson cx3600 and epson r300 could not get rid of PURPLE cast! did everything you have, had it checked at a epson drop in centre (they scanned a mouse mat and compared with original) the cx is a 3 in one the scan was ok, so I think it is a compatabiliy problem with my computer I sent the £90.00) r300 back, and bought a hp desk jet from ebay for £9.50 and it is fine!! I still have the prob on the cx but it is for office use and I do my bird prints on the deskjet!! ps tried epson carts and others and it made no difference. sorry I could not help, but I gave up in the end as I could find no answer (including epson)
regrads
John

Thanks for the info John. My R800 was printing fine (Brilliantly in fact) - only thing that has changed is the cartridges. Now using compatables, guess I will need to bite the bullet and shell out £80 for a set of Epson originals.

Cheers
Roy

I had trouble with blue cast when my Epson Stylus Color 900 was new. It was TERRIBLE using Kodak paper, but much less so using Epson paper. As soon as I ran out of ink with the original cartridges and put new ones in (Epson), the problem went away , at least using Epson paper. I think that the ink was "old" in the original cartridges. It is true that you shouldn't buy a lot of cartridges to stock up, because if the ink isn't fresh the printing will suffer (Consumer's Reports, for one, says this), so I'm not dreaming.

Problem now solved

As a update to the problem -I bit the bullet and bought a set of Epson original cartridges ( ooch £85) - Problem Solved ! prints are now stunning. I got a full refund on the compatible cartridges.

Interesting results, Roy. Thanks for the update! Too bad it confirms that there's no cheap way to get by with printer cartridges. Ooch indeed!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back