• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reward over shooting of Osprey in Sussex (1 Viewer)

Am all the more angry as it happened in my county. Deeply upset and angry. Bastards!

Last edited:
Give me a gun I will shoot them myself.
Saddens me that some members of our race think they have the right to kill any animal for whatever reason , I will never understand them but lets hope they get caught and dealt with accordingly.

For someone to do this must be sick in the head and i would gladly be the executioner if called upon no problems . I do get a sick feeling in my belly that the person who as done this will no doubt do it again and again because they have no conscious and they get a kick out of doing this. The only thing i can say is that the local birders around there to be vigilant and fingers crossed he get's caught and punished. col

Dunnokev , now Ive looked at my post again I see the blooper well spotted!

Nae probs Adam. Now if I can just persuade Coloz society did away with the death sentence for poaching a neighbour's pig several centuries ago for a good reason we might be getting somewhere..

I was very saddened to read this; I'm local to this location and it distresses me to think there are people in my midst who do this. :-C:-C:-C Very very sad!

Nae probs Adam. Now if I can just persuade Coloz society did away with the death sentence for poaching a neighbour's pig several centuries ago for a good reason we might be getting somewhere..

Neighbors pig ? I thought this was about a osprey that was injured by a mindless thug who caused unnecessary suffering to a beautiful bird that had to be destroyed ? And my comment was made in anger:C And yes i would beat the crap out of them and yes i would ban them from having a FAC for life and yes i would fine them a large amount of money and yes they would go to jail for longer than 12 month's. col

Last edited:
Neighbors pig ? I thought this was about a osprey that was injured by a mindless thug who caused unnecessary suffering to a beautiful bird that had to be destroyed ? And my comment was made in anger:C And yes i would beat the crap out of them and yes i would ban them from having a FAC for life and yes i would fine them a large amount of money and yes they would go to jail for longer than 12 month's. col

Ah, I understand now- it's o.k. to want to be Lord High Executioner if you're angry. You almost got it right with fine, prison sentence and loss of firearms cert (if they had one..), and let's hope they get it but, c'mon, corporal punishment is off the books nowadays as well. This ain't the Dark Ages. Who's being the mindless thug here now?

Ah, I understand now- it's o.k. to want to be Lord High Executioner if you're angry. You almost got it right with fine, prison sentence and loss of firearms cert (if they had one..), and let's hope they get it but, c'mon, corporal punishment is off the books nowadays as well. This ain't the Dark Ages. Who's being the mindless thug here now?

OK DunnoKev i know i have acted like a mindless thug and perhaps i could have worded it better. But Would it be ok to put him in the stock's and chuck rotten fruit at him and perhaps the odd unripened one and then send him jail for longer than 12 month and take is fac off him ( if he as got one) and give him a huge fine. And perhaps a placard around his neck with the word's I KILL BIRD'S OF PREY FOR FUN wouldn't go a miss neither? col

nope the culprits hands.
personally its probably a bit harsh but with penalties like that i think you will find this sort of thing stops overnight.
I believe in harsher sentances not suspended sentances and a couple of hundred quid fines.
Also make prison a place people fear,not where they can basically relax for a few months at our expense

Answer 1 yes i have.
Answer 2 yes i do.
Answer 3 ok only if we can still put a placard around his neck.
col

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back