• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common Buzzard / Honey Buzzard Monograph? (1 Viewer)

Irene Boston

Does anyone know if there's been published (or there are plans to publish in the future) a monograph-type book on the Common Buzzard?

And was I suffering from wishful thinking when I saw mention a while back of a Honey Buzzard Poyser monograph in preparation, as it seems to have disappeared from any list of forthcoming titles.

Any thoughts? Thanks
Irene

And was I suffering from wishful thinking when I saw mention a while back of a Honey Buzzard Poyser monograph in preparation, as it seems to have disappeared from any list of forthcoming titles.
Irene,

NHBS lists a Helm HB monograph (Bijlsma, 250pp, c£25) as 'in preparation':
http://www.nhbs.com/title.php?tefno=117433

Curiously, Amazon UK lists a similar title, but published in 2001 and currently unavailable:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Honey-Buzza...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241622188&sr=1-1

Richard

The Tubbs book is the one to get he was a local expert on Common buzzards down here in Hampshire,the book is a really good read.

Steve.

Many thanks - will have to be patient on the Honey one and plump for the older Common one in lieu of a Poyser.

Cheers.

The Tubbs book is old but good. There's a chunky (nearly 30 pages) article by Robin Prytherch in the May 2009 British Birds on CB social behaviour, which at the outset acknowledges the Tubbs book.

There is a big paper in May British Birds about social behaviour of the Common Buzzard. Written by Robin Prytherch based on 18000 hours of observation.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back