• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A couple of laptop questions please (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
Looking to replace my old (aged even) laptop and have seen some offers at Curries.
I am now retired
I dont do games
I use it for internet, emails, photography........nothing heavy.
I am a total technophobe (spelling :) ) so excuse my ignorance here.
Some things I know I want are..........
able to burn onto discs/cds
card reader for photos
minimum 4 GB memory & 1 TB hard drive (only because they seem to be standard now ???
So....................
a) are there any obvious things I have missed that are useful/necessary
b) does this one fit my needs (it doesn't seem to mention cd burner)
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...apad-305-15-6-laptop-purple-10133028-pdt.html
Many thanks

Seems good for the money. If you look in the specifications it does say "Optical disc drive DVD/RW" which means a CD/DVD burner.

Lenovo laptops do come with lots of "free software" that is of little use and just takes up room, but it all can be uninstalled!

The one thing to check with card readers as well is that your camera and laptop take the same memory cards. SD cards are the standard now (and I'd wager your camera uses them) but some older or pro cameras use CF cards which a lot of laptops can't handle.

That Lenovo looks more than adequate for what you'd want to use it for!

CF card readers which plug into a USB socket are relatively inexpensive as are multi-format readers, so if the laptop meets your requirements in other respects I wouldn't worry.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back