• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Audouins gull - Spain (1 Viewer)

occasional

Anyone know how to find data for this gull. It appears it should be Spanish but all I can get from the CSIC website is that "AZR1 does not exist in our database".

Attachments

• PC120042 (Large).JPG
    PC120042 (Large).JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 129
Anyone know how to find data for this gull. It appears it should be Spanish but all I can get from the CSIC website is that "AZR1 does not exist in our database".

The Italian scheme suggests 4 alpha/numeric digits? Thus might it read A2R1, or an alternative combination?

Hi - I tried the CSIC website but couldn't get it to load. I also tried a digital version http://digital.csic.es/ but couldn't find anything. I saw an Audouin's Gull back in July that I would like to look up the ring. I did email someone but never had a response. Do you have an actual link to where you tried yours?

Thanks

Jonno

Hi - I tried the CSIC website but couldn't get it to load. I also tried a digital version http://digital.csic.es/ but couldn't find anything. I saw an Audouin's Gull back in July that I would like to look up the ring. I did email someone but never had a response. Do you have an actual link to where you tried yours?

Thanks

Jonno

Hi Jonno.
The EBD (Estación Biológica de Doñana) handles all the recoveries for Audouin's gulls ringed in Spain.
Send an email with the details to [email protected] and you should get a reply. If they don't get back to you let me know.:t:
Regards
Steve

Thanks Steve. I did email them last year as I found this on another thread within bf but thought the above might be another avenue to try. I'll try and dig out the previous email and let you know.
Cheers
Jonno

Hi Steve,
I emailed EBD on 20th July last year. The Audouin's Gull I saw was ringed AND2 and seen on the beach at the mouth of the Rio Almanzora, nr Vera, Almeria. I've attached a photo.
Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jonno

Attachments

• Audouins Gull.jpg
    Audouins Gull.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 53
I would say that the white darvic reads AZR|. The last character looks like a continuous bar or
separator mark. Might be worth trying that in the CSIC website.

Phil

Agree, just need to try 'AZR1', 'AZRL', 'AZRI', 'AZR|' and then all again with 'Z' replaced with '2'. One of those, and only one, should exist!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back