• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (21 Viewers)

Final tot up was 113. A decent effort. About 10 species I missed I think that are easy enough as well.

Think I'm on 93, well done sir! Won't clog up Yorks thread with foreign birds so I'll stick a link when I get round to a report. Here's a taster (downhill from here)...

Attachments

• IMG_3057_filtered_1.jpg
    IMG_3057_filtered_1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 103
Think I'm on 93, well done sir! Won't clog up Yorks thread with foreign birds so I'll stick a link when I get round to a report. Here's a taster (downhill from here)...

Not a bad effort on a family holiday either. It's all about quality anyway and that pigeon is certainly quality.

Jim, post up a link to your report when you've done it, we are contemplating Turkey for next years jollies and I'm curious as to what birdlife to expect.

James, good report on your blog. But why use purple swamphen... it will always be purple gallinule to me.

James, good report on your blog. But why use purple swamphen... it will always be purple gallinule to me.

I don't know Keith, I guess it's because it's written - I say purple gallinule but I tend to use the 'proper' nomenclature. Same with zitting cisticola. Also it has always been called such since I started birding.

ah! Zitting Cisticola - why hamper such a gorgeous little bird with that millstone of a name? Sounds like something you should rub cream on.
I saw my first one of these in the days when they went by the name of fan tailed warbler so that's what they will stay to me.;)

Im in York tomorrow and am interested in having a look at Heslington East if any of the uni boys are about. Drop me a PM or text... Gotta do my atlas square as well.

I've managed to secure a quick trip to Spurn this morning to try and finally catch up with Garganey ( attempt #8 )

Can any of the Spurn regulars advise whether they are on the scrape constantly or am I going to be disappointed again ?

Also, if anyone is on Spurn this morning and sights them - please could you update this thread or Birdguides ............ just so I can maximise my chances of finally seeing my bogey bird

Thanks

Mal Skelton

Hope there's some good stuff out there for you today, will this breeze hamper or help with any interesting sightings? Hoping for some birding tomorrow as it's not a bank holiday for me today.

I've managed to secure a quick trip to Spurn this morning to try and finally catch up with Garganey ( attempt #8 )

Can any of the Spurn regulars advise whether they are on the scrape constantly or am I going to be disappointed again ?

Also, if anyone is on Spurn this morning and sights them - please could you update this thread or Birdguides ............ just so I can maximise my chances of finally seeing my bogey bird

Thanks

Mal Skelton

Still present at 8.30AM

Managed to catch up with Yellow Wag.yesterday,single bird on the River Ure here at Ripon.First Yellow Wag for a couple of years so nice to get it on local patch even if it did not seem to stop long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back