• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A blurred little bird - London UK (1 Viewer)

Is there any point in my trying to improve the image? I mean, it's always going to be fuzzy whatever I do; but I might be able to reveal a bit more detail (but I can't make it turn to the side though |=)|)

Actually, Dave, if you notice this thread; you was looking at these birds through bins, did you notice this bird amongst the juve Finches?

Chris to be honest we did see a single Wagtail flyover that area, but if you remember it was in sillohete and we didnt make an ID, however there were around 30-50 Whitethroats all over the site so having a lesser or two mixed in isnt suprising.

Check out the log book when you next visit as I seem to recall Lessers being logged.

For my pennysworth I think it is a Lesser but you will struggle to get a positive ID as it is so try cropping a bit further to see if anything else comes out of it apart from even more noise ...lol

Dave

Last edited:
Dave, that Hogweed, where the juve Willow Warbler was, is where I took a picture of a juve Lesser Whitethroat last week (in my gallery). And these birds were only 20 yards from there; so Lesser Whitethroat would be favourite.

I've attached a 100% crop of the blurred image, maybe someone with more skill than me can improve it.

EDIT: I think I'll check through the images that I never deleted, and look in the background, who knows what I might find.|=)|

Attachments

• P1860949R.JPG
    P1860949R.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I can still see a ressemblance to Nuthatch(or more accuratley Rock Nuthatch) but it must be a Lesser Whitethroat with that dark mask around the eye and what seems to be brown wings compared to the grey head but not redish brown as in Common whitethroat.

Lesser Whitethroat for me - mask, white throat and overall greyness seem to clinch it ( although I did think Nuthatch when I first found the bird on the photo! )
Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back