• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk Today (1 Viewer)

cjay

Went back for the Alpine Accentor this morning at Dawn but no sign. My mate TOny & I did pick up a female Black Redstart & Two Whitethroats, also a Fulmar flew west.

We then went to Kelling Water Meadows & found a 1st winter Little Gull, a Northern Wheatear, Two House Martins were also seen overhead. On the beach we found a long dead Harbour Porpoise It was about a metre long & I suppose it must have been a youngster.

Afterwards we went to Sheringham Golf course, where we saw the Alpine Swift. Gripping views as we saw it flying above the cliffs. Some idiots were seen to cross the golf course by the shortest route & were soon admonished by the golfers. Very good views were had from the roadside.

:clap:
CJ

Sounds like you are having a great time with some lovely birds there!

I always feel slightly envious of you guys when I read your holiday reports...a whole week of dawn to dusk birding and wildlife watching would be my idea of heaven! Sadly holidays have to take account of a non-birder's wishes as well...oh well, will just have to pass my driving test so I can get out for a day's gallivanting LOL

GILL

It's not a holiday destination rather an extension of my local patch in Suffolk. Yes we are very lucky to live here & I do not think I would have been a birder if I lived inland. Five more days birding before I go back to work.
Tee hee o:)

Ho Colin

I was right by the spot on Sunday having parked up overnight at Sherringham for the Ring Ouzels at Beeston. Needless to say that I am pig sick that these birds have turned up a few days later.

I must admit that not many birders are going to see Alpine Accentor then Alpine Swift on subsequent days. Congrats on a lucky spell for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back