• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Budget Zooms (1 Viewer)

That's a great price but the APO version is the one to get IMO.

I am glad I read this this evening. I bought the Sigma 70-300 apo last week and used it over the weekend at a game fair near me and was very impressed. I havent used it in macro yet. Bought it because I can't afford the 120-400 at the moment but am gald to see results such as those above

I havent used it in macro yet.

Bob,

You may know this already but this lens has an inherent sticking macro problem when you try to switch it back to normal.

My lens isn't as bad as some I've read about but when it does stick I switch it to manual focus and zoom in and out until it frees itself. Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back