• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lowestoft Area (1 Viewer)

cjay

Phew what a day! I walked to Carlton Marshes today & as I walked along the road past the college in Lowestofts St Pteres Street I saw a bright Yellow bird perched in a cherry tree. It had a dark face & almost black primary tips. It looked very tired & I thought I had got a crippler. After a while it turned around & began to feed it had a pink ring on its left leg. It was some sort of Canary!!

After that excitement I walked through the cemetery, which was dead.
The old railway line however was full of warbler song at least three blackcaps were singing along with Willow Warblers & Chiffchaffs. Barnard’s Meadow is a large football field & always good for Wheatears today I counted six fine plumaged males. Leathes Ham & Lake Lothing were rather quiet & it was also high tide which made wader finding difficult. At Oulton Broad I had my lunch & saw a Common Tern flying over the water. A Cettis Warbler sang over by the boatyard but there was little else of note.

Carlton Marshes was alive with birds I saw a single Bearded Tit & heard nine Sedge Warblers in song also three Grasshopper Warblers, six Cettis Warblers, eight Willow warblers & five Chiffchaffs. My firs Cuckoo of the year was heard & a Common Buzzard flew west high over the marsh. Along the track I saw my first Common Redstart (Male) of the year accompanied by a Northern Wheatear. The walk back produced nothing special save a few Reed Buntings. On return to Oulton Broad, Two Common Terns were seen.

A Brilliant day again. :clap: B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back