• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Coolpix P310 Compact (1 Viewer)

Does anyone out there use the P310 for digiscoping - it's on my shortlist to buy for use with my Kowa 603ED with 30x Wide eyepiece.
I'd appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

I own the P300, which seems to be the predecessor (?) of the P310, and it's awesome with my Nikon ED82, 30x DS eyepiece; so I'd guess the P310 can't be that wrong.

See my blog for a few samples (just skip the newer posts talking about the Lumix and other stuff) of the image and video quality of my cam.

Its a great camera for the pennies and the burst mode is super. Thats what drew me to the camera and some post by Neil further down. I use it with Opticron and are quite happy with the result. Coupled with your edg should be even better. I had 300 but that got broke by the Mrs the 310 is basicly the same camera with a few extra pix. A few pics on blog using it. I dont think you will be disappointed ;)

Last edited:
New to digiscoping, I chose the p300 (now p310, the first camera got smashed on a windy day) because of the cylindrical protuberance which allowed me to fix a 3€ piece of PVC tube as an adapter. Lightest setup that I can think of.
Works pretty well with my Kowa, though I still need practice. The "floating" focus point and the burst mode are very helpful. And as Ingo points out, great for videoscoping too (though I'd need a smoother and stronger tripod head).
Quentin

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back