• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

American Crow vs Carrion Crow (1 Viewer)

Gentoo

I know there is a difference in voice and American is said to be more gregarious. Is there a difference visually between these two? I know American Crow is very much like Fish and Northwestern Crows but beside voice is also a bit larger than those two. Does anyone here have any experience with American and Carrion crows and what subtle ways they can be told apart? If these were gulls I'd know right away what the differences were lol.

Gentoo said:
I know there is a difference in voice and American is said to be more gregarious. Is there a difference visually between these two? I know American Crow is very much like Fish and Northwestern Crows but beside voice is also a bit larger than those two. Does anyone here have any experience with American and Carrion crows and what subtle ways they can be told apart? If these were gulls I'd know right away what the differences were lol.

Gentoo

Carrion Crow is a larger, stockier bird than American Crow with a thicker bill.

David

Thanks for the replies, I didn't know the carrion crow was larger, thats puts in perhaps in the size class of Chihuahuan Raven.

Thanks again everyone!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back