• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bins shops in Edinburgh (1 Viewer)

TheEraser

Hi,

I will be on hols in Edinburgh at the end of the month, are there are shops you could recommend in the Edinburgh area that may have specials on any bins? Buying bins in the UK has to be cheaper than buying them in Ireland!!

Haven't found many UK/Europe online shops (with the exception of Sherwoods) that I would consider. Ruling out US based shops due to VAT and customs charges :(

Many thanks in advance

If Charles Frank on Rose Street, just of Princes Street, is still in operation then that would probably be the best place. It's okay but not particularly big. Otherwise, branches of Black & Lizars will probably stock a reasonable selection. Scotland is not particularly blessed with optical retailers though.

Hi,

I will be on hols in Edinburgh at the end of the month, are there are shops you could recommend in the Edinburgh area that may have specials on any bins? Buying bins in the UK has to be cheaper than buying them in Ireland!!

Haven't found many UK/Europe online shops (with the exception of Sherwoods) that I would consider. Ruling out US based shops due to VAT and customs charges :(

Many thanks in advance

As Andrew says Charles Frank on Rose Street, Black & Lizars in Shandwick Place are two. Also there are optical outlets at the Scottish Seabird Centre in North Berwick and Vane Farm RSPB Shop near Kinross. I goy my Leica Trinovid 8x42 bins in Jessops in Shandwick Place a few years back but I don't know if they still carry decent binoculars.

David

Also, if you can travel a bit, JRS in Scott Street, Perth, usually have a good selection of optics/cameras.

Very helpful staff and reliable. I've used them for years now.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back