• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ultimate wish list (1 Viewer)

StokeOwl

OK

Just for fun. If somebody gave you a blank cheque, what would you go out and spend it on? I'm talking Bins, scope, tripod, camera - the lot.

wish list

1. swarovski 10x42 bins
  2. swarovski 80 hd ats scope
  3. nikon d3 camera
  4. 600 f4 vr afs lens
  5. 300 2.8 nikon vr afs lens
  6. nikon 12-24mm nikor vr lens
  7. 1.4 tc and 1.7 nikon teleconverters

final cost of all this £18,500 we can all wish.

Thanks nez.

A blank cheque? That's easy. I would ask Zeiss to make me three pairs of porro prism binoculars roughly based on the old Zeiss 8x30B, the 8x50B and the 10x50 of the early 1960's.

Of course with modern glass types and modern coatings, perhaps with an apochromatic triplet instead of the air-spaced doublet they used in the 1960's. And of course with modern eyepieces.

I reckon such binoculars would run circles around *any* of the modern roofs.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back