• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Little Grebe ID check please (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
This is the first time i have seen a little Grebe(I think),so here are a couple of pics.Never before have I found it so difficult to take a picture.Each time I saw him on the water,by the time I had fixed the camera onto the scope he had ducked underneath again,also it was about 1/2 mile across the lagoon.
I will put a choice of two.
Thankyou Christine.

Attachments

• little grebe 004.jpge.jpg
    little grebe 004.jpge.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 237
2cnd pic

another pic,not very good I'm afraid of what i am hoping is a Little Grebe.
Thankyou Christine

Attachments

• little grebe 037.jpge.jpg
    little grebe 037.jpge.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 219
Without doubt it's a Little Grebe and congratulations on the new bird :t:

They're one of my favourite species.

I'd be happy to call Little Grebe on the basis of those two pics, Christine... and the fact that he kept diving is another good pointer!

:t:

Thanks everyone,.
Christine..
Birdman,you have changed your Avatar,why?.I liked to see your happy smiling face:king: The face of a true Yorkshire man.
Christine.

Last edited:
christineredgat said:
Birdman,you have changed your Avatar,why?.I liked to see your happy smiling face:king: The face of a true Yorkshire man.
Thanks Christine :t:

Truth is, I just got sick of looking at myself!8-P

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back