• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beginner needing advice (1 Viewer)

Ragna

This is my first post. Have bought a Nikon Coolpix 4500 to use for digiscoping through a Kowa TSN3 and was considering either the London Camera Exchange adapter or the Eagle Eye. Most people using the Coolpix camera seem to use the Eagle Eye adapter. Which would you recommend? Graham

Hi Graham,
I've found the L.C.E. adapter slightly quicker to attach and detach from the eyepiece (with camera already mounted onto the adapter). The L.C.E. is more compact and with the camera attached can fit into most pockets.
Having said that, the Digimount is a nicely made product... only a new insert needs to be purchased if you want to use it on another eyepiece (in most cases).
Hope that helps,
Andy Bright

Dylan/Andy
Thanks for your replies. I think I will opt for the LCE adaptor.

Dylan
Had a look at your site and your pictures are good. I think you are doing well.

Andy
I had already had a look at your site a few weeks ago before buying the Coolpix 4500. It is nice to see the quality that can be achieved with this camera in the right hands. I thought your picture of the Sparrowhawk, half length, was extremely good quality.

I am sure I shall be back to both of you for more advice soon.

Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back