• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (17 Viewers)

Today's highlights:

MOORS-EAST TRACK:
Garden Warbler-----------------Chiffchaff (min 21)
Willow Warbler (juv)------------Cetti's Warbler
Nuthatch----------------------Goldcrest (2)
Blackcap (2)

Des.

Were the warblers in the tit flock or loosely associated with them. Craig and myself witnessed a large number of chiffchaffs (20) with them yesterday. :t:

Sounds like a phyllosc-tastic day Des!

Was the Med either of the birds I photographed on Sunday (or the one at Grimley y'day as per Brian's photo)? Was that sizeable Starling flock during the day or going to roost?

I saw the Med briefly perched on a rail. Vern took some shots which might answer that one.

The Starling total is made up of two separate flocks going to roost.

Des.

update from Vern at Moors
2 arctic terns, 3 med gulls (2 photographed):t:

could well be worth doing the roost at the Flashes tonight. remember gates close after sailing I thing 6.30

Last edited:
update from Vern at Moors
2 arctic terns, 3 med gulls (2 photographed):t:

could well be worth doing the roost at the Flashes tonight. remember gates close after sailing I thing 6.30

They were still open at 9pm on Sunday. Mike will be doing the roost.

Last edited:

There is a notice on the large gate to sailing pool car park at the Flashes which I presume is changed daily and tells what time the gates are closed. Gate opens to left so look left. On Tuesday it was 8.30pm. This only helps if you arrive before that and notice it. The Office will tell you if you ask.

Apparently this is an indefinite arrangement so check before you go.
Phil

Last edited:
if the gates are going to be locked for the near future maybe a combination lock like the at the Moors, could be the answer. alot birders like to stay late.

Accessto Flashes car Park

if the gates are going to be locked for the near future maybe a combination lock like the at the Moors, could be the answer. alot birders like to stay late.

Not getting into this publicly Tim. Suffice to say I know the answer to that.
have pm'd upstarts who may wish to give a view.
Phil

Last edited:
Parking at Sailing centre

I have spoken to Tractor John about the situation.
The centre is open until 4.30pm, after that other users ie the sailing club use the facilities and open to various times. I will ask if there is a rota of activities and times that these finish and let you know. Please remember the car parking is only on a gentleman's agreement and please talk to the staff courteously. We must remember that the centre is now run as a business and they are just protecting their property. I am sure we will be able to come up with a resolution, but for the time being be patient. Also please refrain from going into the office , Lisa is very busy and she hasn't got time to discuss the situation.
I don't want to get into a long winded discussion about this on the forum, so please PM or text me and I will do what I can.B :)John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back