• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many pixels does it take... (1 Viewer)

jebir

Yoda Eagle
...to ID this bird?

Let's see who can do it with the fewest :))

First out is 30 pixels (I'll update with a 70 pixels thumbnail etc.).

Cheers, Jens.

--- first update comments after 15 minutes: ---

OK, I agree... not very exciting with so few pixels so I'll let you see the 70 pixel image now.

--- second update comments: ---

It seems like most BF members have been out birding the weekend and are too tired for this. Here comes 192 pixels.

---- White Tailed Eagle ---

Dave got it on 192 pixels - Congratulations!!!

Have Fun! /Jens.

=====================================================
---- 30 pixels ------ 70 pixels ------ 192 pixels ------ all pixels

Attachments

• Quiz-050515-rsz-8.JPG
    Quiz-050515-rsz-8.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Quiz-050515-rsz-7.JPG
    Quiz-050515-rsz-7.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Quiz-050515-rsz-65.JPG
    Quiz-050515-rsz-65.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Quiz-050515.JPG
    Quiz-050515.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Dave,

thanks for giving it a try! Unfortunately it isn't any LBG. I updated with the 192 pixels thumbnail.

Good luck! Jens.

jebir said:
Dave,

thanks for giving it a try! Unfortunately it isn't any LBG. I updated with the 192 pixels thumbnail.

Good luck! Jens.

OK. How about White-tailed Eagle ... or Bateleur? Am I getting closer?!

jebir said:
Taraa!!

White tailed eagle is correct!

Not bad with only 192 pixels.

Well Done Dave!

I actually have some old pictures of one in Suffolk, UK, many years ago that look like your 192 pixel version. Glad they came in useful!

Dave B said:
I actually have some old pictures of one in Suffolk, UK, many years ago that look like your 192 pixel version. Glad they came in useful!

Isn't it amazing how little information our brains really need to recognize a bird? The silhouette of the white-tailed seen on the 192 pixels image is almost unique. In Europe I can only think of Griffon or Black vulture that would make up any competitionon.

I'll make up a new little pixel-quiz tonight.

Cheers, Jens.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back