• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brilliant Estonian webcams (1 Viewer)

Single egg In the Goshawk nest.
The nest cam of goshawks show (I think) an adult female who has a 2cy inmature male as partner

There are two eggs laid by now, but I've managed to look a couple of times during the morning and no parent was with them

I wonder if the male knows exactly what to do, I haven't seen him yet incubating (the female does)

I'm not sure if these eggs will make it...

new black stork cam - clicked on, with the girls watching, just at 'mating' time - explain that to a 6 and 8 year old when its the stork that brings the babies!!!

20.40 camera time...

The nest cam of goshawks show (I think) an adult female who has a 2cy inmature male as partner

There are two eggs laid by now, but I've managed to look a couple of times during the morning and no parent was with them

I wonder if the male knows exactly what to do, I haven't seen him yet incubating (the female does)

I'm not sure if these eggs will make it...

Several days later and four eggs! The female has been sitting tightly almost every time I have looked but just a couple of times (around the middle of the day) the young presumed male has been sitting. Immature in left image below; adult female in right image. I keep losing the connection and have never yet seen the nest unattended or seen the changeover. I'd really like to see & hear exactly how they interact at the nest!
Brian

Attachments

• gos2_cr.jpg
    gos2_cr.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 206
  • gos4_cr.jpg
    gos4_cr.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 219
Apparently no stream today but I found a page with info related to the Goshawk pair, with links to forum posts that include lots of video from this year's Gos nesting attempt, and last year's failure. Nest is an urban site in Riga, Latvia. Goshawk fans, see this page and links http://www.looduskalender.ee/n/en/node/223
Seems like last year the male was also young and inexperienced; the male this year looks much better at sitting when needed.
Brian

Apparently no stream today but I found a page with info related to the Goshawk pair, with links to forum posts that include lots of video from this year's Gos nesting attempt, and last year's failure. Nest is an urban site in Riga, Latvia. Goshawk fans, see this page and links http://www.looduskalender.ee/n/en/node/223
Seems like last year the male was also young and inexperienced; the male this year looks much better at sitting when needed.
Brian

That's very interesting information

Anyone hoping to see the Goshawk stream previously available with the Estonia webcams might like to know that it is now (from April 21) only available on You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzioHRLRBmw. The intro text is in Latvian but for those with no Latvian, Google Translate does a reasonable job. Image quality not so good unfortunately.
Brian

Three chicks in the white-tailed eagles cam (Merikotkas)!

PS Now I see a previous post saying so..

Attachments

• aguilapque.JPG
    aguilapque.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Goshawk update! As noted above the stream from this nest in Riga city (Latvia) is now only available on YouTube (here), rather than with the Estonian webcams. Yesterday one of the four eggs was clearly pipped, and apparently the first chick has been visible today. Looking just now (17.30 UK time; 19.30 Latvian) there was a glimpse of one chick. Great to have an excellent view of such elusive birds.
Brian

Last edited:
Hi Rosbifs, apologies for late reply; link is in post #72 above and copied below also. The Goshawk nest is in Riga (Latvia) but the video stream was available through the Estonia collection at first. Now only on YouTube, as below. Quality seems to vary but is often excellent. Guess I should have posted these couple of updates under a new thread title.
I always enjoy your posts too! Recent series remind me of many happy days in the Pyrenees both sides of the border!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzioHRLRBmw

Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back