• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sig Zulu 8x32 vs. Sightron SII 8x32 (1 Viewer)

clark98ut

Does anyone have any comments/preferences between these two? I need to pick up a set of binos in this size/price range and these two have caught my eye.

I'm open to any other suggestions however, so feel free to recommend something else.

Thanks,

Dan

I'm open to any other suggestions however, so feel free to recommend something else.

Thanks,

Dan

OK, then you might want to consider the Cabela's Guide 8X32. The body styling is different and to me more conventional, but it is in that same class.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo..._SEQ_104217480?WTz_st=GuidedNav&WTz_stype=GNU

It looks like Cabela's is doing a close-out sale for 149.88 less any coupon promotions that may active for any particular day. The FOV of the Guide is 420 ft whereas the Sightron is 394 ft. The Sightron web site says 420 ft but the focus end cap says 7.5 degree view angle, which calculates to 394 ft (7.5 degrees times 52.5).

Here are some current comments on the Cabela's Guide ......

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=332112

Please let us know what you end up doing!

Does anyone have any comments/preferences between these two?
I suspect the Sig is the same as the Sightron but with different branding and armour - but I've not seen them so don't know for sure. I do know, though, that the Kenko OP 8x32 DH II, for example, is more-or-less the same as the Sightron (optically I can't tell the difference) and suspect the Sig is much the same deal.

They are nice bins, so it comes down to any preference you might have about fit and feel, colour, ergonomics (eg. the Kenko is black and has thumb detents, the Sightron is green and doesn't) etc. plus any price difference. Optically they're quite nice, assuming the Sig is the same - and are good value for money. I, at least, like mine a lot better than most 8x32s up 'till you get a lot more expensive.

...Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back