• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwings. (1 Viewer)

Waxwings b/burn

Still there today and they have got used to people walking about.

Nice to meet up with you last week at the site chris.

Super birds arn,t they!

Attachments

• Long tailed duck fem-36.jpg
    Long tailed duck fem-36.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Waxwings-79.jpg
    Waxwings-79.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Morning Paul, great to meet you and many thanks for posting these two fine shot's. And you are right they are fantastic to see and photograph. I went yesterday and they were at the back of the pub.

Morning Paul, great to meet you and many thanks for posting these two fine shot's. And you are right they are fantastic to see and photograph. I went yesterday and they were at the back of the pub.

Yes - today they were on the street behind the pub. Lots of guys there but I don't know whether they're BF'ers! One in camouflage looked as if he wouldn't be out of place stalking deer on the moors! Another had a lens the size of a sewer pipe! Hope he saw more than c**p when he looked through it. I did a bit of PR with a couple of residents who asked if they were special birds. They were happy to look through my binnies and seemed very interested. We were there late morning. Light wasn't brilliant so the birds didn't show up brilliantly - but we knew what we were looking at!!

Last edited:
Have the birds moved on now? I heard that there was just a single bird left yesterday. I saw them a week ago, on Nov 29th, in lovely sunny weather, around 20-25 of them. I'd thought they might eventually make their way to the usual site at Weir Street, but it doesn't seem so. Fingers crossed for more in the NW!

I am not sure if they have moved on I have not been since last week but I would imagine they may have done.

I went to look for them yesterday and they have all moved on and yet there was still a lot of Rowan berries on the trees. I do not know if they will be back for another feed.

Waxwing sitings

Anyone seen any waxwings lately in Lancaster? Last I heard was they've been spotted around Hala late december - haven''t managed to find them yet despite living v.close to sightings haha - my luck!

I do not know about Lancaster but there are lots showing in Preston and Chorley at the moment, welcome to the forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back