• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gordon Ramsey:Shark Bait CH4 21.00pm-22.00pm Sun 16/1/2011 (1 Viewer)

Can't think of a better shark bait than Gordon Ramsey.

Hi Dave

LOL Dave :-O

I have to say that I do not mind Gordon when he is off his high horse in life - he is stress on legs at the best of times

To me this type of programme will show how good Gordons presenting skills really are like

Regards
Kathy
x

I am watching the programme at the moment, and I feel that Gordon is not doing badly to get his point across about the Sharks.

Shark Fin soup is not to Gordons taste at all! :-C

Regards
Kathy
x

No matter what you think of him he is doing his best to bring the message home. Don't be too hard on him. This is one prog when it's not all about Gordon and the F word!

John.

No matter what you think of him he is doing his best to bring the message home. Don't be too hard on him. This is one prog when it's not all about Gordon and the F word!

John.

On the contrary. It is about Gordon and the F word. F standing for Fin. Didn't watch all the program but what I did see didn't make great viewing.

On the contrary. It is about Gordon and the F word. F standing for Fin. Didn't watch all the program but what I did see didn't make great viewing.

An incredible programme. Lets hope that one day someone will make a similar prog about the trapping of our beautiful songbirds.

John.

Last edited:
Hi there

Putting other feelings aside about Gordon as a Chef, I have to say Gordon did put his neck out and take a risk for the sake of filming this documentary. He came across some very unsavoury characters as part of the filming and put his life on the line. Seeing guns flashed about, and being doused with petrol is not nice at all

The filming was a stark reminders about the plight of the sharks. It was very disturbing to watch and shows how some countries have little regard for their fish stocks.
The despicable inhuman behaviour placed towards all suffering that the Sharks where put through for the sake of their fins (other parts of the shark are left and thrown back into the sea mostly - or used a bait to catch other Sharks).

There is no regard for any endangered species as all sharks are treated with little compassion as living creatures
The ages of the Sharks caught where not considered and if any species where caught most of them where left to die. It is a mass cull of extreme levels to the point that the shark will be no more in the years to come

I really hope that the restaurants in London keep Shark Fin Soup of their menus now and in the future and the word spread about Sharks and their decline - and of course people supporting Sharks too by not eating their products.

This is another link to keep our fingers on the pulse about the issue so to speak

http://www.sharktrust.org/news/news.asp

Regards
Kathy
x

It is a shame to lose a magnificent predator just to thicken up some idiot's soup.

I'll buy him a drink if ever I meet him. Sharks are going down the plughole fast, they can do with all the help they can get, even if it does make for uncomfortable viewing.

Non wildlife types have been talking to me about it today - that's good.

Cheers Gordon.
B :)

I think that all of the celebrity chefs have done a good job in highlighting all of these appalling fishy practices....[channel4 have done a good job in my opinion]....whether or not one cares for any particular presenter...

The message is clear......and it stinks....!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back