• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ringed Goldfinch - London UK (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
I've a few regular Goldfinches in the garden this year; this ringed one turned up early this morning. No light for decent pics, but you can see the ring colour.

Is the one ring without any numbers/letters enough to report?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC04998Rpf900.JPG
    DSC04998Rpf900.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC04993Rpf900.JPG
    DSC04993Rpf900.JPG
    546.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC05082Rpf900.JPG
    DSC05082Rpf900.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 43
Closed plastic ring and no metal scheme ring means escapee from captivity I'm afraid. The ring will do it no harm but if caught by a ringer by chance it would be removed if safe to do so as marking of wild birds is restricted by the licenses of the ringing scheme.

Thanks for replying. Well it's free now... seemed wary enough to have a chance of survival, either way it's better off.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back