• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this another Palm Warbler? (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Never got to see the front of this one and it doesn't quite compare with the photos I have of the Palm.

Attachments

• 102007Warbler1a.jpg
    102007Warbler1a.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 150
Hi KC,

I don't think it's a Palm Warbler as there would be a lot of yellow showing around the tail. It is rather greenish, though...what about Tennessee?

I'll tentatively suggest "world's dingiest Prairie Warbler." Or perhaps I'm hallucinating to see a hint of chestnut color on the back...

Hi KC,

The brownish tones to the upperparts, the lack of streaking anywhere, the darkish face with paler eye-ringed look, the white wingbars, the dull, diffuse edged tertials, and the reasonably short primary projection seem like a good fit for a Pine Warbler to me.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back