• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Lidl Binocular offer (1 Viewer)

dipped

Ckeck out the Bresser 10x50 binoculars at £14.99 from 24/4/06 from Lidl's.
Rubber eyecups but may focus closer than the previous Meade 10x50's that were on offer a while ago at £9.99 (I think).

normjackson said:
Maybe an earlier model of the Bresser Travelview. Rave review from young Kenny Jones on Cloudynights when they were on offer before :
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthre.../708124/page/1/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/vc/1

And his post further down the thread with his photo of them attached :
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthre.../711064/page/1/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/vc/1

Hi - yes they look very similar, so probably poor close focus again. Shame as you can't complain about the price. See photo here http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060424.p.Binoculars

A friend of mine had an old pair of Bresser 8X40 for nearly 15 yrs..He loved them and was loath to part with them. I think he still has them somewhere. ..For an even worse offer check out your local Morrisons petrol station a pair of 8X21 for £4.99. Lets all rush out and buy a pair.. :D

These Bressers look identical to the Meade ones they were selling last year - even the bag is the same. The only difference is the name from what I can see.

Worth it as 'another' spare pair !

Linz

I picked up a pair today and was surprised at just how good they were for the money. These will make a great pair to leave in the boot of the car or at the office.

You can never have too many pairs of binoculars you know.................

Frogbad said:
I picked up a pair today and was surprised at just how good they were for the money. These will make a great pair to leave in the boot of the car or at the office.

You can never have too many pairs of binoculars you know.................

Agreed-I got a pair myself today. They don't deserve to be this good for so little money. I've only had a brief chance to try them out in fading light but they seemed very sharp. I was going to give these as a present but will keep them instead as a spare/backup pair. I had to go through a few pairs to find one I was happy with though.

I bought 4 pairs myself yesterday. There was quite a bit of difference between the 4 as far as close focusing is concerned. 2 focused at about 7 meters while the 2 others were something in the range of 8 to 9 meters. Image of all of them was very sharp in the centre but a little blur at the edges. I will keep the best one myself :t: and leave the others for friends/relatives who are interested. I am sure they will be happily surprised to be able to get such a good pair of binos for so little money. Excellent value for the money.

Following a text message from a friend, this evening, I popped into Lidl, in Stafford, (straight from watching a Leach's Petrel at Belvide Reservoir) to find a huge number of the Bresser 10 x 50s on sale at £9.99 a pair. Perfect as a pair to keep in the car.

The pair I bought in April have now gone out of alignment but my father-laws bought at the same time are still okay. Still under guarantee so may send them for repair and see what happens. Hope the postage won't cost more than a new pair!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back