• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss 8x25 Terra ED Compact Binocular - What about the new deliveries? (1 Viewer)

Giljax

Zeiss 8x25 Terra ED Compact Binocular

It's no secret that these are hard to come by. Every stateside supplier has them on back-order --- They are better quality than the price would suggest for pocket bins, and the demand has been good because they fill a gap for portability and casual use.

All the suppliers are saying that these will be back on the shelf in a few weeks --- My question is , do you think they will arrive the same as the old ones or will there be changes? Changes in quality --- Still made in Japan ---?
or something new all together since they just revamped the Victory compacts --- Does anyone have the inside track on this ?

Jerry may have answered my question on another thread --- I was just concerned if they will still be made in Japan---

Last edited:
Zeiss 8x25 Terra ED Compact Binocular

It's no secret that these are hard to come by. Every stateside supplier has them on back-order --- They are better quality than the price would suggest for pocket bins, and the demand has been good because they fill a gap for portability and casual use.

All the suppliers are saying that these will be back on the shelf in a few weeks --- My question is , do you think they will arrive the same as the old ones or will there be changes? Changes in quality --- Still made in Japan ---?
or something new all together since they just revamped the Victory compacts --- Does anyone have the inside track on this ?

Jerry may have answered my question on another thread --- I was just concerned if they will still be made in Japan---

Gil,

When my 2nd pair from OP arrives in the next week (is B.O.), I'll let you know! :t:

Ted

Last edited:
I just placed an order with OP for a pair as the net cost yesterday (4/1) was $225 shipped, no tax due to a 10% off coupon for April Fool's. They stated they were expecting 20 pairs this week of which 15 (including my order) were spoken for.

I have zero need for them having a 10x25 Victory but I couldn't resist after reading all the glowing reviews. If these new ones don't meet expectations, it's a free return to OP.

I'll post my thoughts when they arrive.

I just placed an order with OP for a pair as the net cost yesterday (4/1) was $225 shipped, no tax due to a 10% off coupon for April Fool's. They stated they were expecting 20 pairs this week of which 15 (including my order) were spoken for.

I have zero need for them having a 10x25 Victory but I couldn't resist after reading all the glowing reviews. If these new ones don't meet expectations, it's a free return to OP.

I'll post my thoughts when they arrive.

I just ordered myself a pair 8x25 from OP as well --- $225 shipped with a $10 dollar gift certificate as well--- Net cost $215.00 I could not pass on that deal ---

I just ordered myself a pair 8x25 from OP as well --- $225 shipped with a $10 dollar gift certificate as well--- Net cost $215.00 I could not pass on that deal ---

Gil,

Obtained the same deal on my order. Was suppose to have been received and shipped this weekend by OP (I'm 1st in their B.O. query), however Zeiss notified OP the Terra ED 8X25 won't be delivered to them till May 7th...bummer. :-C

I just spoke with Zeiss Tech Services and they state the new stock of these pockets arriving in the US in May are still being manufactured by Kamakura in Japan, and that there's been no change to these Terra pocket optics...Great news! :bounce:

Actually, the delay for me is no problem as I have several great 8X30 and 8X32 compacts for traveling. My Spouse will be using the 1st pair of the little Terras..."Yes My Dear"! ;)

Ted

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back