• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Khao lak in January (1 Viewer)

Deb335077

We are staying in Khao Lak next January, can anyone offer any help or advice as to
1. where to go in that region of Thailand?
2. anyone know of any bird guides based in that area.
3 how easy is it to get about.
All help is appreciated
Thanks
Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Did you get anywhere with these sites/plans for January? Shame you weren't going in February as it might have been good to share a trip.
Where are you staying? I stayed at the Kantary Beach hotel in January, just north of Khao Lak, didn't do any serious birding (my wife isn't a birder), but did manage to walk along to Laem Pakarang, plenty of waders about there at high tide.

Regards

Les

https://www.khaolaktourplan.com/bird-watching

You could also try these guys. I had a booking with them last month; unfortunately their birdguide had an accident the night before we were due to go (he was ok, fortunately, and I'm guessing back in action now). However, I did use their driver who knows the sites, a couple of days later visiting 4 good sites finishing at Sri Phang Nga. They will pick up from and drop off at your hotel

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back