• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Back to the beginning (1 Viewer)

Tero

Retired
United States
(2 days for me)
I'm sitting in the cafe, Panera, where I wrote the first list in 2003. I had a cheap spiral notebook, the pocket size, in 2003. Bird one was starling outside this window.

I only made one list today. Turkey vulture and rock dove. I always forget the rock dove in every county I have an eBird list in. Best just to catch the first highway overpass and post it as incidental there.

My Missouri eBird list is under 50 as I did not bother with it then. I made a Missouri list last year. It was not yet 300.

My Nebraska list is 226, for 2 years. It's been fun.

Looking for mockingbird tomorrow. Very common here. Heading out to this site by bike:
http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L233509?yr=all&m=&rank=mrec
Tufted titmouse would be nice. I don't have time for exotic birds, woodcocks, we are here mostly to plan my daughter's Sep wedding.

The lake had very little, gadwall and coots. Feb 27 someone had reported many late winter ducks.

Made a small dent in common birds for eBird. My raptors are swallow tailed kite, bald eagle and red tailed hawk. Total 54 in eBird now. But I did get starling for St Louis county 2017 where I first listed it in 2003. And the titmouse.

Added note to the above. I actually found my 2007 and 2009 notebook for Missouri and a few other areas. I was able to add a number of Missouri birds as "historical" into eBird. Still not quite 200 in MO (150). But I picked out lists of things hard to find here in NE and added MO, TX and CA birds. Not having started proper eBird lists till 2 years ago, my birds are a bit short of my personal list of world birds. Some 60 birds are still missing and have to be refound. Fortunately nearly all are in N America.

I won't make the top 100 most likely ever
http://ebird.org/ebird/top100?locInfo.regionCode=US-MO&year=AAAA
but I'm now in the 300s. :king:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back