• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In San Diego I saw... (1 Viewer)

This is my first real bird citing. I see crows and ducks and such all day but this one caught my eye. I saw one, and then a second of what I believe were Ringed turtle Doves, though they may be Eurasian Collared Doves. They were large and had a black band on the bottom cresting the top pf the tail, and they flew more like pigeons. The tail shape was not that of the Mourning Dove. more wide and blunt. They were pale in color with a band about the collar.
I have never seen these before.
Just wanted to share.
John

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back