• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax UA-1 ?? (1 Viewer)

snatiep

Hello Everyone!

I recently purchased a Pentax PF-80ED spotting scope.

Beautiful scope that offers nice crisp images.

I would love to try my hand at digiscoping. Do any of you use the Pentax UA-1 adapter?

I appreciate any thoughts or opinions. Or maybe some other adapter suggestions I could use with my PF-80ED.

Nate

I also have a Pentax PF-80ED. I have a UA-1 which I don't like at all. I found it was difficult to align the camera to eyepiece with this adapter, it was not repeatable, it was too bulky to carry and allowed the camera lens to pivot into the eyepiece (with force) if you weren't careful with it. I now primarily use either a Pentax CA-35 adapter (with my Panasonic G1 and Voigtlander K-mount converter) or a Baader 17mm eyepiece with 52mm step-ring. That will work with the G1 kit lense or with my Nikon DSLR. For record shots, I'll handhold a P&S camera or a cellphone camera to the eyepiece - the cellphone actually is easier for that purpose.

If you do consider Baader eyepieces, I would recommend staying away from the Baader zoom as it will not allow you to focus to infinity without more specialized adaptation.

Greg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back