• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Prinias?? South India, Aug to Nov (1 Viewer)

GKSwamy

I think the first one is a plain prinia. The second looks like ashy prinia to me. Can someone confirm and also ID the third bird. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Prinia,P-2-M-640.JPG
    Prinia,P-2-M-640.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Prinia,A-3-M-640.JPG
    Prinia,A-3-M-640.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Prinia,P-1-M-640.JPG
    Prinia,P-1-M-640.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 41
I think both are Plain Prinias. The left hand bird may look washed with yellow but it has a red eye and orbital ring and a bold supercilium, so I think it might just be an optical effect.

I think both are Plain Prinias. The left hand bird may look washed with yellow but it has a red eye and orbital ring and a bold supercilium, so I think it might just be an optical effect.

I am sorry, I am getting confused. Are you saying the first and third may be the same bird (plain prinia) and the middle one is ashy prinia?

I am sorry, I am getting confused. Are you saying the first and third may be the same bird (plain prinia) and the middle one is ashy prinia?

Yes. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I was responding to Satyachil's e-mail, where he referred to "the other two".

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back