• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Initial Review of CrystalView LX (8x) on C2100/E-100RS (1 Viewer)

rka

ttbirds
Just got feedback from one of the testers (Bruce Pazer) on the new CrystalView LX scope. Here goes:

RKA,
With the c2100/E100rs, there is no leeway on the zoom. You must be at full zoom. Even at full zoom there is minor vignetting at the corners.
Because with the 10x zoom lens of the e100rs/c2100 and the 8x lx lens, you have a big magnification, therefore the focus is slightly soft.
As far as available light it seems to work fairly well on a cloudy day. But no matter whether its a cloudy day or sunny the camera has to be tripod mounted and the shutter tripped via the selftimer or remote, otherwise ANY camera movement will cause blur.

Now, that being said, the shots are very useable. This is the first lens greater than 2x that I would consider using on the c2100/e100rs on a long distance or distant animal shot. I have the EagleEye and have tried a kenko lens and they are no good for these cameras. I really don't think you can do much better for the c2100/E100rs, especially at the price Tom is selling these for. Getting an add-on lens to work with these cameras is VERY difficult, and Tom has done the best job so far.

The sharpness and clarity is not great with these cameras but is definitely usable.

I still have more testing to do. The weather here in New Jersey has been horrible for the past month, but I wanted to get some pics for Tom to be able view.
Hope this has helped.
Thanks for visiting the pics.
Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back