• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Galveston ,TX - terns (1 Viewer)

jbohuslavek

Hi, I was out yesterday with my camera in Galveston, hoping to get some nice images. Here is what I got (terns). A few species of gulls, plus other shore birds, were pretty abundant as well. Unfortunately I only managed a half-day trip there, so didn't have a chance to explore more.

I'm going to take a guess at Common Tern based on the wingtips being longer than the tail, the bi-colored bill, and the red legs. But I could very well be wrong. ;)

Thanks, I thought so too

Katy Penland said:
I'm going to take a guess at Common Tern based on the wingtips being longer than the tail, the bi-colored bill, and the red legs. But I could very well be wrong. ;)
Hi Kathy, thanks for your reply. Where in CA are you from? I live in East SF Bay area (just visiting TX this week). How is birding in AZ? Where do you go birdwatching there? I get to go to the Phoenix area a lot. Any ideas where to go birding around there? Thanks!

jbohuslavek said:
Hi Kathy, thanks for your reply. Where in CA are you from? I live in East SF Bay area (just visiting TX this week). How is birding in AZ? Where do you go birdwatching there? I get to go to the Phoenix area a lot. Any ideas where to go birding around there? Thanks!
From Santa Monica. Birding in AZ is fantastic, especially the southeast quadrant of the state. I live in the NE area and don't get down to the southern half nearly as often as I'd like, not even to Phoenix. There are a few great places around Phoenix that are mentioned in the Arizona state archive here on BirdForum:

http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=384

But probably the best thing to do is to subscribe to the AZ-NM birding listserv and post a question there when you're next headed this way and find out where the hotspots are at that time.

http://listserv.arizona.edu/archives/birdwg05.html

If you have any more specific questions, just send me a PM and I'm sure I can get you more info. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back