• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just sharing pics - red-shouldered hawk (1 Viewer)

jbohuslavek

Hi all, I am fairly new to birding and bird photography. Don't even have a good camera for it yet. So, to get a good pic, i have to get really close to the bird. There is a red-shouldered hawk that perches and hunts around my apartment complex. I spent a few very frustrating weeks trying to get close enough to take a good pic. Finally succeeded this weekend - took a few somewhat presentable pics. So, elated, I am sharing two of them.

Attachments

• RSHawk 2 small.jpg
    RSHawk 2 small.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 100
  • RSHawk 1 small.jpg
    RSHawk 1 small.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 94
Well done, your patience certainly worked for you, they are excellent pics. I have been birding for nearly three years & now would like to get into bird photography. I have taken a few pics with my Dimage Z5 but will hopefully be getting a DSLR Camera soon.

While on Holiday recently in Australia, two BF members in Adelaide took me out on their local patch to do some bird photography, it was a great experience & really made my mind up that this is what I want to do.

Best of luck with your Birding/Photography.

Rod.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back