• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My wildlife art (1 Viewer)

Nice job on the eagle, Amy! Our city's football team is called the Seahawks, after this bird. (That's American football - the game generally played without the feet. Some of us over on this side of the pond do love real football, although that's one of the reasons I have two really bad knees now...! Keep up the good work.

Thank you everyone! Eagles are really iconic birds.
Liquid len, glad you like my latest drawings! I see what you mean, all the gear and no idea ;) I've been looking at what people can do with coloured pencils and I'm absolutely amazed :eek!: no one could ever say they are a child's media!
on the bird of prey note, I'm drawing a peregrine today :t:

You definitely have 'the eye' Amy......very strong and powerful lines with great character....[love the coot sketches]....and that excellent owl...:t:

Look forward to seeing more....:cat:

All the best...!

Terrific work, Amy; there are a couple of really nice swan attitudes here and the whole of the coot sheet is splendid. Keep it up - great potential, you have!

More excellent work! I think we are witnessing the birth of something very special here. For me, life drawing often sorts out the, ahem, boys from the men, and these are superb efforts.

I might just dig them derwents out.

Russ

those are really good coots, strong n uniquely observed shapes

not a coincidence that there's a little flurry or responses on here for them

so a plea as much as a bit of advice- don't get side-tracked by doing the neat and tidy finished work: keep on with them dynamic drawings of birds doing stuff

Wow, lots of responses :D
Thanks everyone :t: Will try sketching again soon, I would have done more of the swans- they were making lovely shapes whilst preening, but it started raining and smudging my sketchbook! it's hard to find somewhere where there are birds that stay relatively still. waterbirds are much easier than tits and finches which I find near impossible at the moment!

Some more wonderful work here - you keep experimenting and don't worry about using any materials that you find work for you - I always use kids' wax crayons, felt tip pens and all sorts - I'll have to try and dig out one pic that is mostly bog roll collage!

EDIT - found it, hope you don't mind me posting it on your thread - it's mostly loo roll on a piece of cardboard box with a marker pen thrown in for good measure

Attachments

• yellowhammers.JPG
    yellowhammers.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Some more wonderful work here - you keep experimenting and don't worry about using any materials that you find work for you - I always use kids' wax crayons, felt tip pens and all sorts - I'll have to try and dig out one pic that is mostly bog roll collage!

EDIT - found it, hope you don't mind me posting it on your thread - it's mostly loo roll on a piece of cardboard box with a marker pen thrown in for good measure

Thank you, I like to mix different medias, but I haven't tried anything like that. I love that artwork! I would never guess there was toilet roll on it! :t: I have incorporated marker pen into some of my drawings but sometimes I get it a bit wrong and it seems to come out a bit cartoon-like :-O I'll have to do some more experimenting though.. :)

Not something I'd be wiping my #&%# with Nick;)

Nice Goosander piece, like the use of colour pencil, works rather well...

Technique, Nick - was it Andrex, scratchy Izal, or Ecomarché own brand?

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back