• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagleeye 5x telephoto (1 Viewer)

wes

Hi,
I have purchased the eagleeye 5x telephoto i intend to attatch it to my 995.I have read in the camera instruction manual
there are setting s for telephoto will i have to use any of these settings to get the full potential from the eagleeye or can i use the eagleeye attached straight to the camera without using these settings.any info greatly appreciated.
Wes.

I use it with the 4500 but I find it performs better with the B300 teleconverter attached too, as it seems to gather more light into the lens giving higher shutter speeds.
As regards camera settings, those given by Andy in the digiscoping section apply just as well to the EE. I found the close-up setting worked best for me.
I couldn't find any particular benefit from using the teleconverter settings, but it may be worth experimenting further as they must be there for some reason.

Many thanks Ian for the info will have to try to find B300 i know they are out of production might get lucky in purchasing one.
Thanks again. Wes

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back