• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What type of kite(?) is this? (1 Viewer)

Clibanarii

Hi All,

This bird was photographed in northern Iran (Elburz mountains) in Summer. Medium-large in size.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_8502.JPG
    IMG_8502.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8506.JPG
    IMG_8506.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_8472.JPG
    IMG_8472.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8478.JPG
    IMG_8478.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 76
Doesn't look like a Kite sp to me....looks relatively shorter winged and showing a pale throat area..wondering if there might be any currency in Honey Buzzard?

cheers

Doesn't look like a Kite sp to me....looks relatively shorter winged and showing a pale throat area..wondering if there might be any currency in Honey Buzzard?

cheers

I'd say the proportions are more akin to common buzzard than honey but very hard to i'd from those pics

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back