• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Archeological site Paphos Headland (1 Viewer)

malcurtin

Comberbach Casuals Club
I'm off to holiday in Cyprus for 2 weeks this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows if it is still possible to access the Archeological park early morning through any gaps in fence-I'm guessing not as when I was there 2 years ago they were in the process of renewing the perimeter fencing.

Hi LD

Not 100% sure but I think they have re-fenced all the way round now, I know they have along the slabbed path from the Municipal beach to the Harbour. My have to become a tourist for a couple of hours and pay at the entrance!

Shane

Yes they were working on that stretch last time I was there but hadn't reached the corner where I used to sneek through most mornings.Hopefully if you get a ticket you can still get it stamped to allow multiple admissions for birding purposes?

By the way, you'll notice a big difference on the Tomb of the Kings Road at the other end of the path. The road is being turned into a dual carriageway from the main traffic lights by the New Paphos Mall all the way up to Coral Bay. There is a lot of construction disturbance at the Tomb of the Kings Arch. site which used to be a good birding site!

Shane

You could still get through the fence via the small cul-de-sac road on the town side of the Archaeological park last April (2013) but the entrance kiosk wouldn't stamp my ticket for return entrances.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back