• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Selecting only part of an image and saving as a new image (1 Viewer)

brains

Hi

I have been trying to select part of an image and paste it as a new image, so as to remove the background. I used paintshop to select the bit I wanted but can't figure out the rest. It keeps saving it with a black background.

Please see the attached pics to see what I mean - I just what to be able to paste the logo on a web page without the white around the outside of it.

Please could someone tell me where I'm going wrong? I have paintshop pro7 and the free version of irfanview to use.

Many thanks

Attachments

• SOS BUZZARD LOGO.jpg
    SOS BUZZARD LOGO.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 135
  • Image3buz.jpg
    Image3buz.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 124
I'm not familiar with paintshop but with photoshop you select the mode as Indexed and save as gif with transparency.

Attachments

• Image3buz.gif
    Image3buz.gif
    178.7 KB · Views: 136
Sprigo, Thank you so much! You can't imagine how many hours I've spent trying to figure that out!! I never even thought about saving it as another file type. I really appreciate you posting the new image, thank you, I've added it to the web page.

If you want a greater colour range then you could save it as PNG file. It supports 24bit colour and transparency. Can't help you with how to do that in Paintshop though.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back